- Basements are notorious for providing the perfect conditions for the growth and sustainability of mold colonies. Basements typically have poor air circulation as well as damp and humid air. These factors make the basement an ideal breeding ground for mold.
- Bathrooms are a major problem area for mold due to a combination of factors. Bathrooms get warm and wet and commonly have poor ventilation. The water and humidity in the bathroom create stagnant moist air which is perfect for mold to grow on almost any surface. The areas around a bathroom window frame can be an especially high risk for growing mold. The steam from the shower condensates on its edges and moisture can seep into it.
- Attics can be a major issue, especially if the attic is not properly ventilated and insulated. As moisture from the lower floors rises to the attic, it can become trapped in the attic. The attic can be a perfect breeding ground for a mold colony.
- The laundry room is another hotspot for mold. The buildup of dryer lint can cause mold. Water connections to the washing machine can also cause mold as well as leaving wet clothing in the washing machine.
- Mold can grow behind walls due to leaks in the plumbing. There may also be mold in the wall cavities which is caused by water from condensation.
Condensation or moisture is the major factor in each of these locations. Without moisture, old will not grow. Ensuring your home is properly insulated as well as using a dehumidifier can prevent the growth of mold in your home.
If you discover mold in any area of your home, it is imperative you call a mold remediation company right away. It’s possible the mold you have is not dangerous, but it is not worth it to take the chance. It is always safer to call a mold remediation specialist to get an expert opinion. Mold remediation can be very tricky depending on the type of mold and where it is. Call Secure Restoration for all of your mold remediation needs.
When you are in need of a storm damage restoration company, call Secure Restoration. We are proud to serve the entire Gulf Coast and Eastern Seaboard regions during times of major disasters and catastrophe. Our home office proudly serves Asheville, Woodfin, and Fairview, NC with all storm damage restoration needs. If your commercial property or residence is in need of restoration, whether from storm damage, water damage, fire damage or mold, we will work to restore it to its former glory. We have helped many property owners, associations and homeowners renovate and repair their properties after a disaster has struck. You can count on us for prompt, efficient, and effective service. Call Secure Restoration today.