The Top Name for Mold Remediation in Asheville, NC
All it takes is the right combination of moisture and humidity to create conditions ideal for mold growth. This is what often happens following a flood or similar types of unexpected damage. Regardless of why you’re having mold-related issues, Secure Restoration offers a full range of mold removal services in Asheville, NC.
Since 2012, Secure Restoration has been a trusted and highly rated mold remediation company. Our licensed and insured team routinely works with clients in Asheville, NC, and surrounding communities to address mold-related concerns efficiently, thoroughly, and in a way that’s as budget-friendly as possible. Everyone on our team is committed to your full satisfaction with our work.
What Is Mold Testing and Remediation?
Mold testing simply involves taking either an air sample or one from a surface where mold is visible. This is done to clearly identify the type of mold present so appropriate steps can be taken to deal with it. Remediation is one aspect of our overall mold cleaning services. It’s when efforts are made to prevent mold from spreading after the affected area has been thoroughly cleaned. This may involve air duct cleaning to prevent airborne transfer.
What Are Some of the Health Issues Related to Mold?
Some airborne mold spores are relatively harmless, but this isn’t always the case. Even surface-based mold has the potential to be hazardous to the health of anyone in your household. Health issues often associated with mold include:
- An increase in allergy-related symptoms – e.g., sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, etc.
- Throat irritations
- Congestion or similar respiratory issues
- An increased risk of developing asthma, especially in children
- Immune system changes with long-term exposure
What Are Common Types of Mold?
Mold commonly found in homes generally falls into three categories: allergenic, pathogenic, and toxic. The more commonly occurring types of mold are:
- Aspergillus: Often found in home cooling systems, this is an extremely common type of mold that’s further broken down into nearly 200 variations.
- Stachybotrys: Also known as black mold, this type of mold is often found in damp basements or places where there’s a leak. It’s also a common issue with water damage.
- Alternaria: Typically seen in damp bathrooms, this type of mold may also be found around windows where there’s moisture or condensation.
- Mucor: Fast-growing, this is a type of mold often found on water-damaged materials like carpeting or upholstered surfaces.
The Mold and Mildew Removal Process
An initial inspection is what’s typically done first with mold and mildew issues. Testing may be advisable as well if there’s a need to clearly identify the type of mold. We determine the source of the mold as well since this also needs to be addressed to prevent future mold problems. Additional steps typically part of mold remediation in Asheville, NC, include:
- Antimicrobial applications, especially if there’s accompanying water damage
- Containment to prevent cross-contamination
- The use of negative air machines or similar equipment to prevent any airborne transfer
- Complete cleaning and/or removal of affected items or materials
- Replacement and restoration, especially if building materials were affected
Benefits of Hiring Us
A+ rated and accredited by the BBB, we’re a mold removal and remediation company with the resources and expertise required to handle all possible issues with mold and related concerns. Hire us with confidence for any of the services we provide and you stand to benefit from:
- Free pre-work estimates
- 24/7 emergency service
- Upfront, fair rates
- Detail-oriented results that provide long-term value
Contact Our Team Today
Whether mold problems are a standalone issue or related to water, flood, or fire damage, the Secure Restoration team is here to help. IICRC certified, we also work with all insurance companies if there’s a need to file an insurance claim related to the damage. Call us or fill out the form today to start with a mold inspection and assessment.