You may also enjoy reading: A Simple but Safe and Effective Guide for a Water Clean Up Process.
Sewage damage is a very serious problem especially when sewage water flows to your business property or home. Sewage water has bacteria, viruses, and fungi which makes it very harmful. It smells bad and it causes discomfort and diseases. As such, it is important to have this water cleaned up properly and immediately to prevent further damage to your property and its occupants.
Causes of Sewage Damage
Sewage water can cause irreparable damage when it breaks into a property. It can damage the structure of the property, padding, carpet, appliances, personal items, and furniture. As such, it is important to know how it happens or what causes sewage damage in order to prevent it from happening. Some causes are preventable while others are usually hidden and even detecting them is hard.
Common causes of sewage damage include the following:
- Solid flushes: Solid flushes in the toilets cause blockages in the sewer lines. This can occur in your home or property or on the line that links your home to the city main. Solid objects that include garbage, toys, and diapers which do not decompose cause this blockage.
- Root infiltration: Sewage backups are usually caused by tree roots that enter sewer lines at joint points after which they spread throughout the sewer line. Sewer pipes can also be cracked and broken by tree roots, creating structural defects.
- Structural defects: Structural defects that develop along with the sewage system with time also damage the sewer pipes. These include pipe collapses, misalignment of pipes, holes or cracks on the line which can cause sewage overflow that necessitates sewer lines reconstruction and sewage removal.
- City sewer surge or backup: A backup can occur in the sewage line of the city causing an overflow of wastewater in the low opening of the line. This can be in your home especially if you have a basement. Overflowing sewage may come out through the lower toilets and drains.
Generally, there are many causes of sewage damage. However, regardless of the cause and the extent of the damage, it is important to have it handled professionally and timely. Professional technicians know different causes of this damage, how to detect the exact point of the damage and how to deal with this. Thus, enlisting their service enhances the safety of your property as well as the people who may be exposed to raw sewage.
Sewage Damage Restoration
There are practical standards that the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification provides for the damage restoration process. This institute notes that only trained and experienced technicians should be involved in the sewage removal process. Additionally, they should have protective equipment such as Tyvek suits, masks, and gloves as well as use specialized equipment that includes dehumidifiers and scrubbers. As such, when hiring sewage removal services, it is important to ensure that the experts adhere to IICRC standards.
During the sewage cleanup and restoration process the following factors should be considered:
- The affected materials or areas of the building
- The extent of the damage
- The absorbent materials that have been contaminated and the extent of the contamination
- The ventilation that is available
- The appropriate response time
Professional technicians provide a detailed evaluation in order to address all sewage cleanup as well as restoration concerns that you have. They will answer all your questions and provide a written estimate. Additionally, they will remove the porous materials and dispose of them properly. These include bedding and carpeting that may have absorbed sewage water.
After removing sewage from your property, the technicians will use air movers in blowing out the moist air in the building. They do this to ensure that moist air is soaked up by dehumidifiers to make the commercial property or home dry as well as to prevent mold growth. Nonporous items such as hardwood floors and tiles are cleaned using the right cleaning products.
Professional technicians use eco-friendly biocides and microbes in cleaning the areas affected by the sewage properly. The sewage cleanup processes that are recommended by IICR include the use of IICRC approved disinfectants that make the areas affected by the sewage sage. With the help of professional technicians, you ensure that your property is cleaned properly, the property is dried properly and that debris is removed. The technicians also perform decontamination and deodorization of the property.
Contact Professional Technicians Immediately
To prevent sewage from causing further damage to your property, you need to prevent sewage water from spreading further. Leaving the sewage to spread implies allowing bacteria, viruses, and fungi to be all over your property. As such, you should contact a professional company to handle the sewage problem in your property immediately so that you can prevent further contamination and damage.
Experts of a reliable company will respond promptly and provide effective sewage removal. Experts of a reputable firm will help you in minimizing loss and preventing sewage damage in the future. Visit online sources to learn more.
or http://www.amarillo.gov/?page_id=386 for more details.
When you are in need of a water damage restoration company in Jupiter, Melbourne, Port St. Lucie, Stuart, Vero Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, or Wellington FL, or in Asheville, NC contact Secure Restoration.